Friday, February 25, 2005

Its Spring Break Time

Well we are going on Spring Break starting tomorrow. I think it is the stupidest thing ever to have a spring break in February. Most places are still experiencing freaking winter like New York. They have like 3 inches of snow. What kinda foolishness is UF trying to do but its UF what do I expect. It should be an interesting few days because I feel like there is going to be trouble with my mother about my relationship. I feel she is going to try my patience but I figure if I refrain from certain conversations then we should be fine. I am just really tired of her bring up "soup" any chance she gets. It gets so frustrating because I don't want to hear about him and especially about our past relationship. I have moved on but she can't seem to get that and almost wishes my relationship to fail. The reason she is so stuck on "soup" is because he is apart of the family. Everyone is use to him and she is attached. He does everything with my family. She also thrives on the idea that he was there for me while I was in the hospital and other times I was sick. I know she just wants the best but the best isn't just because they took care of me. Many people have said "who would though?" My mother is just being very irrational and I think she thinks if she acts that way I will give in to her wants. Well I have news for her I am very happy and no one but God, him, or myself is going to change that. She won't even give him a chance and this bothers me the most. My mother and I use to be very close and ever since "soup" and I broke up all that has change. Every guy I talked to she had a problem with therefore making me not talk to her at all about men in my life. Anyways enough about that. Now you know why I am not hype about going home. I just can't take the arguments or the little smart comments. I just pray that from the last talk she and I had she will not be as bad. Keep me in your prayers. I do have something to look forward to; Rae sister is having her sweet 16 party so I get to go there. I really wish I was going to New York but neo has to work and he is coming down here march 6. It isn't that far away and I am so excited. Also that week is going to be fun because it is also rae birthday and everyone is coming up here. Also this break I get to see my kids (cousins) and the rest of my family. Don't get me wrong I am happy to see my mom but I just pray all the extra aggravation is not there. I have fun with my peeps. They are great and always have plenty jokes. They are always here for me especially my mother but a bit to over protective and controlling. She had that priviledge and now that it is taken away she is being a brat. I guess like mother like daughter.
Today I took my medication and it reacted with the medicine from my ear infection. I felt so disgusted and I missed my boy J willy's championship b-ball game. He is the head coach so this was a really big deal. I felt so bad because I think he was disappointed that I was not there. I hate being sick at times like this when people I love need me. I know I can't help it but it bothers me. I wish all of these issues will go away. All these medical stuff affect my future in such a way that annoys me at times. It is just a lot and if it is not one thing it is another. For 11 years I have been living like this. It can get discouraging at times but I try not to let them keep me down. That is why I am happy to have encouraging people around me.
I also found out tonight that my friend JA, the one I use to deal with for a little, had to go back to Trinidad because of some stuff with school. Its funny how you and someone could go through similar things at the same time. I swear our lives run very parallel when it comes to big things in our lives. I think that is our purpose to each other because when know how each other are feeling and going through. Another example is the similar things we were going through over the summer. God surely works in some mysterious ways and he really puts different people in your life for a reason. The catch with that is you can't take matters into your own hands you have to allow God to show you why this person is around. I say this because I think him and I confused our reason for meeting each other. There were so many red flags that meant stay as friends but we let other things cloud our judgment. What am I talking about, it was suppose to happen that way because if it didn't I would have not seen certain things with soup and got him out of my system. All of these situations has gotten me very aware of my surroundings and the bigger picture of what is going on in life. I will say it again one must make God lead your path because he set the design so he knows the shortcuts and roads.
Well I am getting tired finally. I had so much energy in me earlier and that is why I decided to write in my blog. Over the break I don't know if I will have too many post because my house does not have internet access so I will have to go over other people house. I will update on the things going on down south. I have questions for everyone. Why isn't that life has to be so complicated and complex? Why did Adam and eve have to eat the damn fruit? And What would things be like if these episodes did not happen?

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Silkkiss01 said...

Hang in there babe.. when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. I know you've been going through some thing and it's all for a reason. Like you said God has his plan and no matter how much we want to change it...we can't. Of course you are always in my prayers..but I will say a special prayer that your mom will be accepting of your relationship. It's important that your mom lets go of the past and accept the present. What if you and neo get married..is she still going to be bitter. I know u've always had a great relationship with you mom..so I would hate to see something good come in the way of it. On a side note, the apple had to be eaten and this is why we are where we are at today. Life would be too easy if things weren't complex. These trials and tribulations makes us the person who we are, and thus far more stronger than we were to begin with. It's apart of our life puzzle. Keep your head up. ~ But my GOD shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Jesus Christ. ~Phillipians 4:19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home