Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What am I to do with my life?

Today I saw my advisor and basically she told me that the major I have been working toward for the past 3 and a half years has ended for me. According to her I do not have the GPA for it but the joke of it all is that I haven't taken all the classes that they calculate and I am only a tenth of a point await from the required Gpa. I am was so hurt. I feel like my college career is over. I don't know what to do with myself. I sat and wondered if I was any other school would they be so strict. I think most schools would give me a chance to see how I do in the other three critical tracking courses. The reason I did not take the other three is because of all the medical stuff I was going through. Actually I did attempt to take them and was doing well but I had to take incompletes. I explained this to her but she still did not understand because of UF policy. I am so sick of Uf damn policies that are not accommodating to people that have extraneous circumstances. I am not trying to get a special treatment or don't want to do the work, I just want UF to be a little understanding in situations like this. I feel so discouraged right now. I feel like a failure to myself and the people who are believing in me. I know things happen for a purpose but I don't know what this is trying to tell me. The reason is because all my classes are very science oriented and everything else I will be off track for. Maybe I am not suppose to be in school. The lady suggested plant pathology but I don't think that is anything I would like. I was never that interested in plants. I guess I could give it a chance but this is not the time for me to give things a chance. I have to be sure or another four years will be gone down the drain. I have been doing some research but nothing. I don't even know what I am good at. Many of you know I have no talent so where do I go from here. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can anyone tell me what they would see me as 10 years from now? I had a plan but now I don't think it is going to work out. Please I need some input and help. Suggestions

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have known you now for a while and i can honestly say that anything you do you do well, and also that your an inspiring amazing beautiful person. yes UF sucks at managing Human Resources they just don't get it...sometimes i think they wont ever get it and are not even trying .....they have a very elitist attitude and thats the culture they want to perpetuate. but back to you your amazing and i am proud to know you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home